Deployed Resources, LLC, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is seeking a Buyer. The Buyer assists the Purchasing Director with daily purchasing operations
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Assist with purchasing functions such as negotiating contracts, pricing, making purchases, and establishing service agreements with suppliers and vendors
- Derive savings via volume, recurring, and pre-negotiated arrangements.
- Assist with developing relevant purchasing and logistics SOPs
- Assist in the development and training of effective purchasing procedures for a decentralized company
- Coordinate with staff and vendors to ensure timely and accurate arrival of products and services
- Assist with inventory management
Skills and Specifications
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong technology skills including MS Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well with a diverse and remote leadership team
- Extremely organized and able to prioritize
- Able to read, write, and speak English
This position has no current supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in professional office environments. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, smartphones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, Scanners, and presentation materials. There is an expectation of clear communication in English both written and orally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to twist, turn, bend, lift, kneel, climb and stand. Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs may occur. Employee will be required to travel (at organization expense) in automobile and/or aircraft.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position based remotely. Typical office hours 8am-5pm daily, 40-45 hours a week. We operate 24/7/365 and ability to work flexible hours including nights, holidays, and weekends as needed is required.
Up to 10% travel is required.
Required Education and Experience
- Associates degree or higher
- 3-5 years of purchasing experience
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must be able to travel CONUS.
- Must pass a drug test, motor vehicle record check, and a background check.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Have/maintain a clean driving record.
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a TWIC card
Deployed Resources LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.