Deployed Resources, LLC, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is seeking Commercial Plumbers in Rome, NY. The Commercial Plumber is responsible for installing new plumbing into containers and buildings, troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions. Must be experienced in different kinds of plumbing systems and will be able to produce and maintain well- functioning connections to minimize the probability of accidents and maximize usability of water and/or sewage at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Prepare the layout of the project and work with blueprints or instructions from managers
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
- Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks
- Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, and fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers and levels
- Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged units
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Specifications
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulation guidelines
- Read and interpret owners manuals, equipment schematics and work orders.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Ability to take direction and work well with a team
- Demonstrable ability to use hand tools
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
- Local to Rome, NY.
This position has no present requirement for supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in workshop and facility environments. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, hand tools, site equipment and vehicles, and is required to use and wear standard PPE, which will be provided by the company. There is an expectation of clear communication in English both written and orally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to twist, turn, bend, lift, kneel, climb and stand. Lifting of up to 75 lbs may occur.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position based in our Rome, NY location. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Thursday, 7:00am to 5:00pm. As of September 9th, 2019, the day shift will be Monday through Friday 7am-3pm, and the night shift will be Monday through Friday 2:30pm – 10:30pm. Ability to work flexible hours including nights, holidays, and weekends will be required based on contract needs.
No travel expected at this time.
Required Education and Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent required. Relevant vocational training or successful completed apprenticeship as a plumber.
- 5 years of proven experience as a plumber (certifications obtained, if any), with experience in industrial and/or commercial plumbing.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must pass a drug test, motor vehicle record check, and a background check
Deployed Resources LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.