Deployed Resources, LLC, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is seeking an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager in Donna, TX. The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager is responsible for planning, implementing, and supporting all project safety, accident, and fire protection programs for the Company. Analyze needs and determine specifications for protective safety equipment, materials, and gear. Directs surveillance inspections and controls hazardous working conditions or unsafe employee activities. Ensures required records and reports are complete, accurate and submitted in accordance with established Company procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Help manage compliance issues for the Company to maintain the safety and health of all personnel.
- Perform in-house training regarding site safety and safety-related regulations.
- Write site-specific health and safety plans and job-specific JSA’s.
- Perform site safety and environmental audits on a frequent basis.
- Assist field personnel in complying with federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to safety and environment.
- Conducts new hire safety orientations and on-boarding.
- Proactively seek new ways to improve overall safety performance and employee well-being in the field.
- Assist management in generating new policies and/or procedures related to safety.
- Communicate clearly; interactively with workforce.
- Develop and maintain organizational communications related to EHS.
- Monitor spending against the departmental budget.
- Exemplify the desired culture and philosophies of the organization.
- Identify trends that could affect objectives and/or operational resources; advise accordingly.
- Work effectively as a team member, team leader, and with all members of the organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Specifications
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement employee training and development programs;
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Possesses strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in standard business software packages (e.g., Microsoft Office)
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) is a plus
- Local to Donna, TX
None at this time.
This job operates in a professional office environment and field environments. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, smart phones, tablets, photocopiers, filing cabinets and other presentation materials. There is an expectation of clear communication both written and orally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to twist, turn, bend, lift, kneel, climb and stand. Lifting of up to 75 lbs may occur. Employee will be required to travel (at organization expense) in automobile and/or aircraft.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, contract position (month to month) based in Donna, TX. Ability to work flexible hours including nights, holidays, and weekends is required based on contract needs.
None at this time.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant field.
- Five (5) years of experience.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must pass a drug test, motor vehicle record check, and a background check
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Have/maintain a clean driving record.
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a TWIC card
Deployed Resources LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.