Deployed Resources, LLC, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is seeking an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Technician. The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Technician is responsible for planning, implementing, and supporting all project safety, accident, and fire protection programs for the Company at Rome, NY manufacturing facility. Analyze needs and determine specifications for protective safety equipment, materials, and gear. Directs surveillance inspections and controls hazardous working conditions or unsafe employee activities. Ensures required records and reports are complete, accurate and submitted in accordance with established Company procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal safety standards, and compliance with all company policies.
- Monitor facility and processes for adherence to OSHA/EPA guidelines and the elimination of industrial accidents.
- Under direction from the Corporate EHS Director, ensure the accurate and timely dissemination of safety regulations, posting and compliance with all licenses, permits, reports and legally required posters.
- Perform safety compliance audits.
- Follow accident-prevention and loss-control systems and programs.
- Maintain liaison with outside organizations, such as fire departments, mutual aid societies, and rescue teams to assure information exchange and mutual assistance.
- Investigate accidents to determine the cause and recommend action to eliminate future problems.
- Administer toolbox talks.
- Conduct safety inspections and recommend changes in systems and procedures to maintain a safe workplace.
- Ensure proper follow-through on all directives, bulletins, schedules and accounting from the EHS Director, designee or other corporate sources.
- Perform and document all EHS-related inspections.
- Maintain a good flow of communication with other EHS personnel within the organization
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Specifications
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement employee training and development programs;
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Possesses strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in standard business software packages (e.g., Microsoft Office)
None at this time.
This job operates in a professional office environment and industrial shop environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, smart phones, tablets, photocopiers, filing cabinets and other presentation materials. There is an expectation of clear communication in English both written and orally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to twist, turn, bend, lift, kneel, climb and stand. Lifting of up to 75 lbs may occur.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, based in Rome, NY. Some night and weekend work will be required. Ability to work flexible hours including nights, holidays, and weekends is required based on contract needs.
None at this time.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant field, though experience may substitute for a degree.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
- Must pass a drug test, motor vehicle record check, and a background check
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Have/maintain a clean driving record.
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a TWIC card
Deployed Resources LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.