Deployed Resources, LLC, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is seeking an Equipment Maintenance Technician/Plumber in our Raeford, NC location. The Equipment Maintenance Technician/Plumber is primarily responsible for equipment maintenance and rehabilitation at the yard as assigned. The secondary responsibilities include the execution of contract work at job sites as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Perform general maintenance functions for electrical systems.
- Perform general maintenance functions for plumbing systems.
- Perform general maintenance functions for HVAC systems.
- Perform general maintenance functions for temporary facilities, buildings and tented structures to include carpentry or similar repairs.
- Install all above systems under guidance of licensed or trained supervisors.
- Perform grounds maintenance and limited site work tasks as needed.
- Perform equipment operation onsite as required (training will be provided).
- Perform daily/scheduled maintenance checks and services on Government Equipment, Company trucks and equipment.
- Operate site equipment to include but not limited to forklifts, tractors, work carts, yard maintenance equipment. (training will be provided).
- Assist with maintenance of water and wastewater systems.
- Repair company equipment as needed to maintain serviceable condition.
- Coordinate service calls when required.
- Become familiar with basic technology for self-service (W2, pay stub), training, and asset tracking.
- Execution of contract work at job sites as assigned.
- Prepare the layout of the project and work with blueprints or instructions from managers
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
- Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks
- Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, and fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers and levels
- Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged units
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Specifications
- Great organizational skills.
- General knowledge of safe working practices.
- Read and interpret owners manuals, equipment schematics and work orders.
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
- Have and maintain a clean driving record (able to drive company vehicles).
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office and other basic computer skills.
- Demonstrable ability to use hand tools
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Ability to take direction and work well with a team
- Experience in industrial and/or commercial plumbing
- Local to Raeford, NC
This position has no present requirement for supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in workshop, facility, and field environments. We operate 24/7/365, inside and outside, in all weather conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, hand tools, site equipment and vehicles, and is required to use and wear standard PPE, which will be provided by the company. There is an expectation of clear communication in English both written and orally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to twist, turn, bend, lift, kneel, climb and stand. Lifting of up to 75 lbs may occur. Employee will be required to travel (at organization expense) in automobile and/or aircraft. Expectation of exposure to weather (heat, cold, rain, snow) as operations occur in all areas of the country with potential for overseas travel.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position based in Raeford, NC. Standard days and hours of work at the yard are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Hours associated with contract work varies by contract. Additional hours (overtime) may be offered or may be available upon request. Flexibility is required of all candidates for both scheduling and duties assigned. Ability to work flexible hours including nights, holidays, and weekends is required based on contract needs.
This position requires occasional travel to job sites. Travel is associated with all contract work and may be required to assist with equipment maintenance and rehabilitations. Travel is dependent on contract load and disaster response. Ability to travel to job sites and be away for extended periods of time based on contract needs is required.
Required Education and Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- 1 year experience in a maintenance position preferred
- Proven experience as a plumber (5 years minimum)
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
- Must be able to travel CONUS
- Must pass a drug test, motor vehicle record check, and a background check
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Have/maintain a clean driving record. CDL is a plus
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a TWIC card
Deployed Resources LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.