Deployed Resources, LLC, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is seeking an Equipment Readiness Specialist. The Equipment Readiness Specialist is a general operations position but is assigned to the Director of Equipment Readiness with a focus on that directorate’s needs. The focus of the Equipment Readiness Specialist is being a subject matter expert on Deployed Resources internal fleet of equipment. This role is designed to spend a considerable amount of time in the field performing maintenance and training those on site to company standards.
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Travel to job sites as needed
- Design and run reports on equipment readiness
- Assist with the direction, maintenance, training, and execution of a digital equipment tracking tool
- Physically assist with the maintenance or repairs of equipment with proper instruction
- Coordinate maintenance schedules with other internal operations section such as Facilities
- Assist in establishing equipment inventory and readiness procedures
- Assist in equipment improvement recommendations, design, and implementation
- Assist in generating equipment need priority lists
- Perform general maintenance functions for electrical systems.
- Perform general maintenance functions for plumbing systems
- Perform general maintenance functions for HVAC systems
- Perform general maintenance functions for temporary facilities, buildings and tented structures to include carpentry or similar repairs.
- Install all above systems under guidance of licensed or trained supervisors.
- Perform grounds maintenance and limited site work tasks as needed.
- Perform equipment operation onsite as required (training will be provided)
- Perform daily/scheduled maintenance checks and services on Government Equipment, Company trucks and equipment.
- Operate site equipment to include but not limited to forklifts, tractors, work carts, yard maintenance equipment, skid steers (training will be provided)
- Assist with maintenance of water and wastewater systems.
- Repair company equipment as needed to maintain serviceable condition.
- Coordinate service calls when required.
- Travel associated with conferences, trade shows, networking, site visits, and site management
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Specifications
- Familiarity with common tools and basic plumbing, construction, carpentry, and electrical functions
- Must be able to communicate clearly; interactivity with global workforce.
- Exceptional organizational skills, communication skills (both written and verbal), and business acumen
- Ability to take direction and work independently, while prioritizing tasks
- Proven problem-solving and creative thinking skills
- Ability to read, write, and communicate verbally in English
- Proficient in computer software. Must be comfortable learning and adapting to new technology. Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite a must
- Project management experience a plus.
- Possess an outgoing, confident personality
- Display leadership potential
- Available to work various hours including nights, holidays, and weekends when needed.
- Ability to travel to job sites when needed as required.
- Ability and willingness to learn how to perform general site maintenance tasks and operate vehicles and site equipment is a plus.
This position may have additional responsibilities if selected as site manager. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Mentoring or coaching junior team members
- Conducting disciplinary action or corrective action
- Conducting end of job reviews on team members
- Administrative work related to running a major project
- Approving payroll
- Completing or supervising daily field reports
- Coordinating with support staff for personnel or equipment
This job operates in a professional office environment and field environments. We operate 24/7/365, inside and outside, in all weather conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, smart phones, tablets, photocopiers, filing cabinets and other presentation materials. There is an expectation of clear communication in English both written and orally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Employee will be required to travel (at organization expense) in automobile and/or aircraft. Expectation of exposure to weather (heat, cold, rain, snow) as operations occur in all areas of the country with potential for overseas travel. Lifting of up to 75 lbs may occur. Ability to twist, turn, bend, lift, kneel, climb and stand.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours will be determined based on location and by supervisor, with flexibility upon request. Ability to work flexible hours including nights, holidays, and weekends will be required based on contract needs. It is expected for this position to attend regular meetings during typical work hours in Eastern Standard Time as well as meetings as needed for assigned projects in other time zones.
This position requires up to 50-75% travel. Travel is dependent on contract load. Ability to travel to job sites and be away for extended periods of time based on contract needs is required. Short notice travel is required with 24-48 hours notice.
Required Education and Experience
- AA/AS degree required, BA/BS preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience preferred.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
- Must be able to travel CONUS.
- Must pass a drug test, motor vehicle record check, and a background check.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Have/maintain a clean driving record. CDL is a plus.
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a TWIC card
Deployed Resources LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training