Deployed Resources, LLC, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is seeking General Laborers in Rome, NY. The General Laborer is primarily responsible for the maintenance of the shop manufacturing area.
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Perform a variety of general labor tasks in the shop, including (but not limited to):
- Assisting the manufacturing team in labor related duties
- Trash removal
- Willingness/ability to learn manufacturing tasks and related duties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Specifications
- Enthusiasm and a professional attitude
- Willingness to be flexible and help in multiple areas as needed
- Ability to use hand tools
- General knowledge of and ability to follow safe working practices.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving ability.
- Ability to take direction and work well with a team
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
- Local to Rome, NY.
This position has no present requirement for supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in workshop and facility environments. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, hand tools, site equipment and vehicles, and is required to use and wear standard PPE, which will be provided by the company. There is an expectation of clear communication in English both written and orally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to twist, turn, bend, lift, kneel, climb and stand. Lifting of up to 75 lbs may occur.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position based in Rome, NY. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Thursday, 7:00am to 5:00pm Starting September 9, 2019, the schedule will change to Monday through Friday 7:00am to 3:00pm. Ability to work flexible hours including nights, holidays, and weekends is required based on contract needs.
No travel expected at this time.
Required Education and Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- 1 year experience in a similar position preferred
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must pass a drug test, motor vehicle record check, and a background check
Deployed Resources LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.