Deployed Resources, LLC, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is seeking a General Laborer (Temporary/Seasonal) in their Rome, NY location. The General Laborer (Temporary/Seasonal) is primarily responsible for the maintenance of the Yard.
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Perform a variety of general labor tasks around the yard, including (but not limited to):
- Facility and grounds maintenance, general cleaning and organizing
- Trim work
- Trash removal
- Snow removal
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Specifications
- Great organizational skills.
- General knowledge of safe working practices.
- Read and interpret owner’s manuals, equipment schematics and work orders.
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
- Have and maintain a clean driving record (able to drive company vehicles).
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office and other basic computer skills.
- Local to Rome, NY.
This position has no present requirement for supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in workshop, facility, and field environments. We operate 24/7/365, inside and outside, in all weather conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, hand tools, site equipment and vehicles, and is required to use and wear standard PPE, which will be provided by the company. There is an expectation of clear communication in English both written and orally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to twist, turn, bend, lift, kneel, climb and stand. Lifting of up to 75 lbs may occur.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a seasonal/temporary position based in Rome, NY. Standard days and hours of work at the yard are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Hours associated with contract work varies by contract. Additional hours (overtime) may be offered or may be available upon request. Flexibility is required of all candidates for both scheduling and duties assigned. Ability to work flexible hours including nights, holidays, and weekends is required based on contract needs.
None expected at this time.
Required Education and Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- 1 year experience in a maintenance position preferred
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must pass a drug test, motor vehicle record check, and a background check
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Have/maintain a clean driving record. CDL is a plus
Deployed Resources LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.