Deployed Resources, LLC, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is seeking a General Laborer in our Homestead, FL location. The General Laborer performs a variety of general labor tasks to help keep the facility and its grounds clean and well-maintained. The General Laborer may also help as an escort as directed by the Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Assists in repair of roads, walks, buildings, and mechanical equipment
- Helps facilitate cleaning of offices, workshop areas
- Oversees the grounds of the facility to ensure all trash is picked up, parking lots are kept clean
- Sweeps, washes, mops and polishes floors, walls, surfaces, furnishings
- Assists with laundry duties such as washing and folding
- Helps as an escort as directed by the Supervisor
- Operates site equipment to include but not limited to forklifts, tractors, work carts, yard maintenance equipment, skid steers (training will be provided)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Specifications
- Great organizational skills
- General knowledge of safe working practices
- Read and interpret owners manuals, equipment schematics and work orders
- Ability to speak, read and write
- Have a clean driving record, able to drive company
- Able to use hand tools
- Able to use groundskeeping/landscaping tools, equipment, and machinery
- Able to use cleaning detergents, tools, equipment, and machinery
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office and other basic computer skills
- Local to Homestead, FL
This position has no present requirement for supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in facility and field environments. We operate 24/7/365, inside and outside, in all weather conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, hand tools, site equipment and vehicles, and is required to use and wear standard PPE, which will be provided by the company. There is an expectation of clear communication in English both written and orally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to twist, turn, bend, lift, kneel, climb and stand. Lifting of up to 75 lbs may occur. Expectation of exposure to weather (heat, cold, rain, snow).
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a seasonal/temporary position with work performed on an as needed basis, and hours vary depending on contract needs. The position is based in Homestead, FL. Flexibility is required of all candidates for both scheduling and duties assigned. Ability to work flexible hours including nights, holidays, and weekends is required based on contract needs.
None expected at this time.
Required Education and Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- 1-3 years experience in Labor Operations
- Related education, military training and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
- Must pass a drug test, motor vehicle record check, and a background check
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Have/maintain a clean driving record. CDL is a plus
Deployed Resources LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.