Deployed Resources, LLC, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is seeking a Ground Support Mechanic (GSO) for the 8:30pm-6:30am shift in our Homestead, FL location. The Ground Support Mechanic performs a variety of tasks related to the operation and maintenance of Ground Support Equipment (GSE).
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Diagnoses malfunctions and repairs Ground Support Equipment (GSE)
- Advises and trains lower grade workers on diagnosis and repair of less complex repair/maintenance problems
- Inspects and approves completed maintenance actions
- Solves repair problems by studying drawings, wiring diagrams and schematics. and technical publications
- Uses automated maintenance data systems to monitor maintenance trends, analyze equipment requirements, maintain equipment records, and document maintenance actions
- Analyzes, diagnosis, and repairs GSE using conventional and digital multi-meters, voltmeters, ohmmeters, frequency counters, oscilloscopes, circuit card testers, transistor testers, and hand tools.
- Maintains external fuel and grounding systems
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on GSE
- Inspects, tests, and operates GSE to determine equipment serviceability and proper operation
- Services equipment with fuel, oil, water, coolant, hydraulic fluid, refrigerant, and compressed air
- Diagnoses mechanical and electronic circuitry malfunctions using visual and auditory senses, test equipment, and technical publications
- Disassembles and assembles malfunctioning GSE accessories and components, removes, disassembles, repairs, cleans, treats for corrosion, assembles, and reinstalls GSE components and accessories. stencils and marks GSE in accordance with technical publications
- Stores, handles, labels, uses, and disposes of hazardous materials and waste in accordance with all state, local, and federal environmental standards and regulations
- Prepares GSE for storage and mobility deployment
- Operates, cleans, inspects, and services GSE towing vehicles
- Maintains vehicle records, and maintains and updates paper and electronic equipment records to ensure safety at all times
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Specifications
- Great organizational skills
- General knowledge of safe working practices
- Read and interpret owners manuals, equipment schematics and work orders
- Ability to use hand tools
- Ability to operate Ground Support Equipment (GSE)
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
- Have a clean driving record, able to drive company vehicles.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office and other basic computer skills
- Local to Homestead, FL
This position has no present requirement for supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in facility and field environments. We operate 24/7/365, inside and outside, in all weather conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, hand tools, site equipment and vehicles, and is required to use and wear standard PPE, which will be provided by the company. There is an expectation of clear communication in English both written and orally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to twist, turn, bend, lift, kneel, climb and stand. Lifting of up to 75 lbs may occur. Expectation of exposure to weather (heat, cold, rain, snow).
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a seasonal/temporary position with work performed on an as needed basis, and hours vary depending on contract needs. This shift will be 8:30pm-6:30am. The position is based in Homestead, FL. Flexibility is required of all candidates for both scheduling and duties assigned. Ability to work flexible hours including nights, holidays, and weekends is required based on contract needs. Shifts available for 12 noon to 8pm, and 12 midnight to 8am.
None expected at this time.
Required Education and Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- 7-10 years experience in direct support operations.
- Related education, military training and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must pass a drug test, motor vehicle record check, and a background check
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Have/maintain a clean driving record. CDL is a plus
Deployed Resources LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.