Deployed Resources, LLC, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is seeking a Human Resources Generalist in Yuma, AZ. The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing a variety of tasks relating to the day to day administration and operations of the Human Resources Department.
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Assist the Human Resources Director in the daily administration of HR services including recruitment, administration, EEO compliance, job classification and employee relations in accordance with quality management principals and overall objectives of Deployed Resources, LLC.
- Ability to understand and apply reports pertaining to the employee personnel information and data Utilizing HRIS. Experience with benefits, staffing, tracking, recruitment, applicant tracking, etc.
- Maintain and expand knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed Federal and State laws/regulations affecting human resource management.
- Be aware and help identify trends that could affect Deployed Resources objectives and/or operational resources; interpret appropriate laws and policies and advise management and employees accordingly.
- Maintain personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements; key audit responsibility.
- Preparation/routing of offer letters and onboarding documents.
- Assist with maintenance of employee handbook and onboarding documents.
- Coordinate and present orientation program to all new hires.
- Administer initiation of CareerBuilder Drug Screening, background checks and I-9/E-Verify compliance.
- Work with HR Administrator/ training to ensure employees are training compliant.
- Track location of personnel and monitor ongoing jobs during disaster season.
- Track manager initiated disciplinary actions for compliance.
- Facility administrative support required.
- Facility gatekeeper; focal point for facility inquiries & HR related matters.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Specifications
- Exceptional organizational skills and business acumen
- Ability to take direction from leaders and prioritize tasks
- Self-managed/Independent worker but also great coordination skills
- Confidentiality/Ethically compliant
- Intuitive – can deduce implied tasks
- Ability to effectively communicate with entire staff to ensure effective awareness of all policies, procedures, laws and compliance issues
- Willingness to be focal point for remote, diverse HR Team and total workforce
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Must be able to communicate clearly; interactivity with global workforce.
- Strong computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Pro DC, Powerpoint and email communications
- Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now recruiting tools is preferred
- Ability & willingness to maintain ongoing education in HR practices
- Local to Yuma, AZ
This position has no supervisory responsibilities at this time.
This job operates in professional office environments or remotely in field environments. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, smartphones, photocopiers, filing cabinets canners, and presentation materials. There is an expectation of clear communication in English both written and orally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to twist, turn, bend, lift, kneel, climb and stand. Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs may occur. Employee will be required to travel (at organization expense) in automobile and/or aircraft.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, contract position (6-12 months) based in Yuma, AZ. Typical office hours 8:30am-5pm daily, as needed. Hours associated with contract work varies by contract. Ability to work flexible hours including nights, holidays, and weekends is required based on contract needs.
Travel with this position is required, up to 50%. Ability to travel to job sites and be away for periods of time based on contract needs is required.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in Human Resources.
- 1 year of related experience required
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must be able to travel CONUS
- Must pass a drug test, motor vehicle record check, and a background check
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Have/maintain a clean driving record.
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a TWIC card
Deployed Resources LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.