Deployed Resources, LLC, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is seeking Interior Fabrication Floor Supervisors in Rome, NY for the Day and Second shifts. The Interior Fabrication Floor Supervisor is responsible supervising the Interior Fabrication team members. Must have strong understanding of carpentry, plumbing, and electrical as well as troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions.
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Strong ability to lead a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to coach current team members and new hires is required
- Ability to ensure team members are on task and be available to answer questions about all projects/tasks
- Work on the floor as well as supervise and lead the team, not just a floater
- Ensures that team members are working safely and meeting OSHA standards
- Monitors team members to eliminate standing around and/or cell phone usage
- Must have ability to conduct disciplinary actions
- Completes daily field reports for assigned shift
- Sets goals for performance and deadlines in compliance with company’s plans and vision and communicates them to subordinates
- Organize workflow and ensure that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks
- Must be able to provide constructive feedback and coaching
- Familiarity with company policies and legal guidelines of the field
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Specifications
- Must possess strong supervisory skills
- Strong communication skills
- Very good knowledge and understanding of carpentry, plumbing and electrical.
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulation guidelines
- Read and interpret owners manuals, equipment schematics and work orders.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Ability to take direction and work well with a team
- Demonstrable ability to use hand tools
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
- Local to Rome, NY.
This position supervises the Interior Fabrication Shop and its team members on the assigned shift
This job operates in workshop and facility environments. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, hand tools, site equipment and vehicles, and is required to use and wear standard PPE, which will be provided by the company. There is an expectation of clear communication in English both written and orally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to twist, turn, bend, lift, kneel, climb and stand. Lifting of up to 75 lbs may occur.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position based in our Rome, NY location. Standard days and hours of work are; Day shift, Monday through Friday 7am-3pm; Second shift, Monday through Friday 2:30pm – 10:30pm. Ability to work flexible hours including nights, holidays, and weekends will be required based on contract needs.
No travel expected at this time.
Required Education and Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- 2-3 years’ experience as a team lead, supervisor or manager in related field
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must pass a drug test, motor vehicle record check, and a background check.
Deployed Resources LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.