Deployed Resources, LLC, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is seeking a Program Financial Analyst. The Program Financial Analyst Performs financial planning, analysis and reporting of customer project status by utilizing electronic systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information. Performs customer invoicing for projects.
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; preparing special reports.
- Supports projects with budgeting and reporting; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Provides financial projections by coordinating budget/forecast preparation; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial information; advising projects / departments with analysis of data.
- Prepares customer invoices per contractual terms using accounting software
- Maintains accounting ledgers accuracy by reviewing account transactions.
- Prepares ad-hoc financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Identifies budget variances, reporting reasons for deltas
- Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Minimizes legally required taxes by implementing Controller guidance
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors as necessary
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Specifications
Developing Budgets, Financial Compliance, Tracking Budget Expenses, Reporting Analysis Results, Deadline-Oriented, Research Skills, Thoroughness, Time Management, Coordination with stakeholders, Attention to Detail, Computer Software Proficiency, This job is sensitive in nature and information regarding the mission and customer must be maintained as confidential.
This position operates in a professional office environment, facility, and field environments. We operate 24/7/365, inside and outside, in all weather conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, smart phones, tablets, photocopiers, filing cabinets and other presentation materials. There is an expectation of clear communication in English both written and orally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to twist, turn, bend, lift, kneel, climb and stand. Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs may occur. Employee will be required to travel (at organization expense) in automobile and/or aircraft.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full Time – 40 hours per week. This position is based in Rome, NY. Ability to work flexible hours including nights, holidays, and weekends is required based on contract needs.
Required Education and Experience
- A 2yr college degree is REQUIRED.
- A 4yr college degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
- 2 years of experience may be substituted for each year of college not achieved.
- 2+ years of financial or accounting experience with US Government contracts or related subcontracts is REQUIRED.
- Prior experience working projects with DCAA oversight REQUIRED.
- Familiarity with annual rate year submissions to DCAA is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with accounting / billing software REQUIRED
- Strong MS Office, especially MS Excel, REQUIRED.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
- Must pass a drug test, motor vehicle record check, and a background check
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Have/maintain a clean driving record.
Deployed Resources LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.