Deployed Resources, LLC, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is seeking a Senior Technical Writer/Proposal Professional. The Senior Technical Writer/Proposal Professional is responsible for developing compelling and compliant proposals in response to customer solicitations and creating organized, succinct and accurate program deliverables to management and customers.
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Collaborate with Deployed Resources business development, operations, functional support teams and teaming partners to develop compelling technical, management, past performance and other proposal sections and contract deliverables as required that clearly articulate the team’s solution, strategy, win themes, discriminators or stated intent.
- Develop proposal and project deliverables that leverage relevant subject matter expertise.
- Effectively conduct Interviews to gather needed information to support writing activities
- Research and collaborate on the most effective way to present information and substantiate any claims.
- Must be a self-starter that seeks out relevant internal and external inputs to best design and propose responsible and innovate responses to customer requirements
- Identifies and escalates potential gaps and risks to proposals and deliverables and works with management to develop mitigations.
- Writes clear, persuasive, and articulate proposal sections; translates complex ideas into easily understandable text.
- Conceptualizes and creates graphics and organizational constructs, as needed
- Author past performance, management, and technical sections.
- May work alone or as part of a team to develop compliant, compelling proposals & deliverables
- Review solicitations to ensure full understanding of requirements and evaluation factors that ensure compliant and compelling proposals
- Self-starter that seeks out relevant internal and external inputs to best design and propose responsible and innovate responses to customer requirements
- Format and incorporate proposal input from multiple authors and reviewers that presents with one voice
- Acquires technical knowledge to develop solutions for strategic initiatives to meet present and future mission needs. The scope of strategic initiatives may include the design, development, analysis, and deployment of innovative services and equipment in support of rapid response programs to provide construct of base and life support and contiguous operations and maintenance in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
Skills and Specifications
- Must be a self-starter, and have ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Excellent writing skills, including understanding of grammatical rules (GPO/Chicago Style Manuals), punctuation, sentence structure, and active/passive voice
- Mastery of language, ability to write succinctly and boil complex ideas down into simple explanations
- Excellent communication, interviewing, and organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to surge work schedule to meet proposal schedule demands
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with a variety of personnel and organizations
- Demonstrated success developing and authoring winning proposals and contract deliverables that met and exceeded customer expectations
- Ability to tailor different audiences and convey ideas in a way that is appealing and easily digested and understood.
- Experience developing project schedules and organizational charts is a plus
- Able to read, write, and speak English
This position has no current supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in professional office environments. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, smartphones, photocopiers, filing cabinets scanners, and presentation materials. There is an expectation of clear communication in English both written and orally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to twist, turn, bend, lift, kneel, climb and stand. Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs may occur. Employee will be required to travel (at organization expense) in automobile and/or aircraft.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position based remotely. Typical office hours 8am-5pm daily, 40-45 hours a week. We operate 24/7/365 and ability to work flexible hours including nights, holidays, and weekends as needed is required.
Up to 10% travel is required.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5+ years of related experience
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must be able to travel CONUS.
- Must pass a drug test, motor vehicle record check, and a background check.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Have/maintain a clean driving record.
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a TWIC card
Deployed Resources LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.