Deployed Resources, LLC, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is seeking a Vendor Relations Manager. The Vendor Relations Manager is a general operations position but is assigned to the Director of Vendor Relations with a focus on that directorate’s needs. This position can perform and assist with a variety of tasks to assist the managing operations team and the directorate of Vendor Relations. Some duties and responsibilities may have a higher focus than others depending on contract and company needs.
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- May assist in the daily administration of operations functions including, but not limited to
- communications with ops staff members,
- event/meeting planning and coordination,
- special projects,
- developing/working on policies both internal to operations and external with support staff
- Mission organization during disaster response.
- Internal process improvement
- Paper and electronic file organization and maintenance
- Facilitate meetings as required
- Travel to job sites as needed
- Lead and manage several projects under the guidance of the assigned supervisor
- Soliciting quotes from new and established vendors
- Negotiating pricing
- Assist in managing and cultivate vendor relations; maintaining current relationships and creating new ones
- Invoice verification
- Purchase order input, execution, and verification with company financial system
- Establishing vendor quotes for contracts
- Travel associated with conferences, trade shows, networking, site visits, and site management
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Specifications
- Proficient at gap analysis and implementing solutions
- Must be able to communicate clearly; interactivity with global workforce.
- Exceptional organizational skills, communication skills (both written and verbal), and business acumen
- Ability to take direction and work independently, while prioritizing tasks
- Proven problem-solving and creative thinking skills
- Ability to read, write, and communicate verbally in English
- Proficient in computer software. Must be comfortable learning and adapting to new technology. Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite a must
- Project management experience a plus.
- Possess an outgoing, confident personality
- Display leadership potential
- Available to work various hours including nights, holidays, and weekends when needed.
- Ability to travel to job sites when needed as required.
- Ability and willingness to learn how to perform general site maintenance tasks and operate vehicles and site equipment is a plus.
This position may be responsible for the mentorship and training of several field technicians. Supervisory duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring all company and job specific training is completed
- Completing annual reviews
- Reviewing and approving time cards as applicable
- Ensuring reportees are receiving adequate rest opportunities and work site rotations
- Completing disciplinary or corrective action, coaching, or positive feedback
This job operates in a professional office environment and field environments. We operate 24/7/365, inside and outside, in all weather conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, smart phones, tablets, photocopiers, filing cabinets and other presentation materials. There is an expectation of clear communication in English both written and orally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Employee will be required to travel (at organization expense) in automobile and/or aircraft. Expectation of exposure to weather (heat, cold, rain, snow) as operations occur in all areas of the country with potential for overseas travel. Lifting of up to 50 lbs may occur. Ability to twist, turn, bend, lift, kneel, climb and stand.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position based remotely. Typical office hours are Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm Eastern Standard Time, however regular hours will be determined by supervisor, with flexibility upon request. Ability to work flexible hours including nights, holidays, and weekends will be required based on contract needs. It is expected for this position to attend regular meetings during typical work hours in Eastern Standard Time as well as meetings as needed for assigned projects in other time zones.
This position requires up to 30-75% travel. Travel is dependent on contract load. Ability to travel to job sites and be away for extended periods of time based on contract needs is required. Short notice travel is required with 24-48 hours notice.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ten (10) years of experience.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
- Must be able to travel CONUS.
- Must pass a drug test, motor vehicle record check, and a background check.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Have/maintain a clean driving record. CDL is a plus.
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a TWIC card
Deployed Resources LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.