This position is responsible for Financial Planning activities in the company and oversight of the Accounting organization. Directly responsible for all planning, analysis and reporting of customer projects and company department financial status by utilizing electronic systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information.
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Provides financial leadership, mentorship and guidance to departments as necessary.
- Confirms company financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses
- Maintains financial security by enforcing internal accounting and financial controls.
- Supports company with budgeting and reporting; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Responsible for accounting activities and processes, validating ledgers accuracy and integrity.
- Establishes tax guidance and procedures
- Consolidation of multiple entities
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Specifications
NetSuite financial systems, Developing Budgets, Financial Compliance, Tracking Budget Expenses, Reporting Analysis Results, Deadline-Oriented, Research Skills, Thoroughness, Time Management, Coordination with stakeholders, Attention to Detail, Computer Software Proficiency, Accounting, Auditing (DCAA), Corporate Reporting, Mergers & Acquisitions
Oversees Controller and the accounting team; directly responsible for program/department budging and planning members
This position usually operates in a professional office environment; however, our company supports operations 24/7/365, inside and outside, in all weather conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, smart phones, tablets, photocopiers, filing cabinets and other presentation materials. There is an expectation of clear communication in English both written and orally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to twist, turn, bend, lift, kneel, climb and stand. Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs may occur. Employee will be required to travel (at organization expense) in automobile and/or aircraft.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position based in Rome along with opportunity remote support up to 2 days per week . Typical office hours 8am-5pm daily. We operate 24/7/365 and ability to work flexible hours including nights, holidays, and weekends as needed is required.
Should plan on travel to program or corporate locations and/or required meetings; approximately 1 trip per month.
Required Education and Experience
- BS in Finance/Accounting and MBA in Finance or CPA
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in accounting or financial roles of increasing responsibility
- Familiar with managing US Government contracts
- Deep knowledge of FAR requirements.
- Prior engagements with DCAA and other auditing organizations
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must pass a drug test, motor vehicle record check, and a background check
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Have/maintain a clean driving record.
Deployed Resources LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.