Deployed Resources, LLC, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is seeking Welders in Rome, NY. The Welder is responsible for cutting and joining metals and other materials with precision. Must have a basic understanding of metal fabrication (plasma cutting, frame building, frame fitting, custom fabrication).
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Operate the appropriate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts
- Must be able to follow all safe work practices
- Weld in flat and vertical planes
- Grind or clean weld joint of work piece
- Fabricate new or replacement parts
- On the spot thinking and trouble shooting
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Specifications
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulation guidelines
- Read and interpret owners manuals, equipment schematics and work orders.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Ability to take direction and work well with a team
- Substantial knowledge of GMAW & GTAW welding processes
- Experience with carbon steel welding (GMAW)
- Steel/Aluminum welding
- Fabrications with welding and layout
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
- Local to Rome, NY
This position has no present requirement for supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in workshop and facility environments. This role routinely uses standard welding equipment and is required to use and wear standard PPE, which will be provided by the company. There is an expectation of clear communication in English both written and orally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to twist, turn, bend, lift, kneel, climb and stand. Lifting of up to 75 lbs may occur.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position based in our Rome, NY location. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Thursday, 7:00am to 5:00pm. As of September 9th, 2019, the day shift will be Monday through Friday 7am-3pm, and the night shift will be Monday through Friday 2:30pm – 10:30pm. Ability to work flexible hours including nights, holidays, and weekends will be required based on contract needs.
No travel expected at this time.
Required Education and Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years of proven welding experience (certifications obtained, if any), with experience in industrial and/or commercial welding.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must pass a drug test, motor vehicle record check, and a background check.
Deployed Resources LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training